Today we talked about Methodology. First, Jimmy asked us to define the word. We weren't really sure of the definition, I thought it may have something to do with the study of methods, so Jimmy asked us to break the word down and look up "ology". Then he asked us to look up other words that had ology in them like Biology, Psychology etc. He was trying to teach us how we can break down words that we don't know into words that we do know so that we can truly understand the meaning. It was interesting to learn because I thought about how I could use this "method" to break down images and ideas so that I can find the meaning behind them. Turns out Methodology is a "systematic and orderly procedure or process of obtaining an objective/result". In design, theres always a process and its up to us to decide if the process or method we are using is giving the results we want, or if there is something that needs to be changed.

Once we found the definition of methodology we watched a film called "Why Man Creates" and then we got right down into presenting our game ideas. There were a lot of really great ones, some I wish actually existed. We each had to come up with ten ideas so Jimmy had us pick the best ones from each person and then we lined them up on a table and everyone had to explain a game idea that wasn't their own. After, we voted on which game idea was the best. I was stoked because my idea ended up being in the top 3. We voted a second time and I came in second 6-4. I think I should have voted for myself ;).
Next, our assignment for Wednesday is to choose one of the seven deadly sins and obtain ten pictures that when placed all together portray that sin.
Sounds challenging!
No comments:
Post a Comment