Monday Dec 06, 2010 - Final Day

Photobucket

Today was our final for this class. We all signed up last week to bring food and drinks and when class started we all dug in and took a seat for the show. Jimmy brought his laptop and played all the videos we made for the final project. They were all really great. It was such an open-ended project it was fun and interesting to see how everyone interpreted it. Jimmy said there was no need to have a discussion after because every video was "Awesome!". Next we took out all our apples and displayed them on top of the tables. That was also fun to see the ideas people came up with. Their are a lot of different ways to render their apples, one person even used pennys! Lastly, Jimym had us write down on index cards what we liked/disliked about the class and any advise for future 220 students. He also read aloud index cards we had written on the first day of class about what we thought we were going to be learning. I have to say, I think we did a pretty good job because a lot of what he read was pretty close to what we did in the class.

Well, this will probably be the last post for this blog, though I may start up one just in general. It's pretty neat to have a place to share your thoughts on the things you've seen and experienced and let everyone know whats going on in your life. This class was a blast, I've learned a great deal on design and about being a designer. I hope that in the future I have another teacher like Jimmy that's not going to just recite a textbook but really push and challenge his students to get the most out of their college career.

See ya around all...

8 comments:

  1. hey u still need the history design book? online has it around $53-$85. so can sell it for $45. let me know by end of this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that would be great. Do you still have my email? Maybe we can arrange to meet on the first day of school or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dont have ur email but i need 2 do this b4 end of weekend (leaving 4 SF). 2moro or sat ok w u?

    ReplyDelete
  4. if its sat it needs 2 be in the morning since im leaving that day

    ReplyDelete
  5. No prob, we can do tomorrow. When and where?

    ReplyDelete
  6. at skool outside library entrance, 10am ok?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good. I'll see you then. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete